(All thumbnail pictures on this site are set to open in a new window. To return to the page you were on, just close the window with the larger picture.)
|What was new in 1998 ...
December 31, 1998
- Added Fort Huachuca Army Community Service Award.
December 26, 1998
- We've been in contact with Dan Fisher of the 29th Field Artillery Regiment, which has "adopted" the crew of Van Fleet, McAllaster and Phelps as its Korean War MIA/POWs. Dan has done considerable research on this crew and posted the results at the 29th site. We've added a direct link to this research from several places throughout our site. (Will open in a new browser window.)
- Added True Patriotism Award.
December 20, 1998
- Added pictures of the rest of the officers to the Association info page.
December 13, 1998
- Added a new page of information about the 13th Bomb Squadron Association.
- Re-did all the "buttons" in the left-hand blue navigation bars for better legibility and to include various recent updates previously only accessible from the Home page.
December 6, 1998
- Added historical background to Oscar through the Years.
December 5, 1998
- Added details about the 1999 Reunion in Orlando.
December 3, 1998
- Added a new page, An Historical Perspective... the Korean War's Place in History
December 2, 1998
- Added a notice to the Home page that the dates for the 1999 Reunion listed in the recently mailed Invader are incorrect. The 1999 Reunion will take place September 29 - October 2, 1999 at the Sheraton World Resort in Orlando, Florida. Association members, please mark your calendars now!
November 26, 1998 (not uploaded until December 2)
- Replaced B&W pics with better color ones of Joseph Belser and Estes Sherrill, both on the Commanders page (also on different Tigers pages).
- Added a new color pic of Tony Curto to the first Tigers page.
- Added the following Awards: Fortress Key Site Award, Fly With Eagles Award, Silver Surfer Gold Award and POW-MIA Remembrance Award.
- Added links to Veterans of America Honor Guard and "Yet Another Unofficial RSAF (Royal Singapore Air Force) Site".
November 15, 1998 (not uploaded until December 2)
- Added links to the Aviation Site Register and the A-26 Douglas Invader sites.
- Added a picture of Lucky Louise, the plane Bob Festa went down in, to his 13 Months as a POW story.
- Added a picture of Bob Festa to the first Gunners page.
- Replaced picture of the 6th Chadwick on the second Short Time in a Small War page with one that shows serious nose damage. Also added that same pic to the Bent Planes page and the Commanders page (since Fortney did it).
- Added a picture of Empty Saddle, an 8th Bomb Squadron plane, to the first Nose Art page.
- Added a new picture of the 6th Chadwick (different from the one mentioned above) to the third Nose Art page.
- Added a picture from the 1998 reunion banquet to the fourth Reunions page.
November 5, 1998
- Added Outstanding Aviation Site Award from GA's Webspace.
November 3, 1998
- Replaced duty roster pic of Gene Gould (on second Last Full Measure page) with a better B&W one.
- Replaced group shot including Jack Burrell (on third Last Full Measure page) with one featuring him more prominently.
October 29, 1998
- Added Best of the Web Silver Award from Nielsen's Web Sites and Business Graphics.
October 28, 1998
- Rearranged the Ground Pounders page, adding two new color pics of bomb loaders and engine mechanics.
October 27, 1998
- Added the Superior Military Site Award from Dave's Home Port.
- Split Awards into two pages to save on download time.
- Re-added code for The Korean War Web Ring to the Home page. (Thought I added it a few days ago, but must have re-uploaded an older version of the page by accident.)
October 25, 1998
- Added What's New page (you're there now).
- Added 13 Months as a POW war story by Bob Festa.
- Replaced B&W pics of Ray Wells and Earl Ruhlin with better color photos (courtesy of Rob Fortney) and replaced duty roster pic of John Ahlers with better B&W one. All three new pictures are located on the third Last Full Measure page.
- Added pic of the 6th Chadwick's "nose job" to the Commanders page.
September 15, 1998
- 13th Bomb Squadron Association (Korea) site goes live after four months in the making.
What's new in 2002
What was new in 2001
What was new in 2000
What was new in 1999