(All thumbnail pictures on this site are set to open in a new window. To return to the page you were on, just close the window with the larger picture.)
|What was new in 1999 ...
December 12, 1999
- Added information about the June 12-15, 2000 Reunion which will be held in Abilene, Texas to coincide with the reactivation of the 13th Bomb Squadron at Dyess Air Force Base. Mark your calendars!
- Added several new awards: the Internet Brothers Helpware & Community Award, the Technology Security Blanket Gold Award and the SC Portal and Surfers Choice Awards.
November 26, 1999
- Added two new officers to the Association page; also, updated verbage on the Association's objective and membership criteria in accordance with recent changes.
November 21, 1999
- Added links to The Collings Foundation, Aerolink, Globemaster, the 731st Bomb Squadron and Kunsan: How It Was.
November 13, 1999
- Added a new War Story, Cave Man, about Donald Thomas, who spent more time behind enemy lines, without being captured, than any other UN airman during the Korean War.
November 11, 1999
- Added a picture of Bill Cowan to the Scrapbook section.
November 7, 1999
- Added six new pictures to the Historic Planes section.
- Changes to the links page: Added Korean War Historical Documents, corrected link to Aviation Site Register and re-added Simonides, which had been 404 the last few times we checked.
- Added a very special award from the Exploratium.
October 30, 1999
- Added the following links: Korea "Land of the Morning Calm" and Veterans News & Information Service.
October 28, 1999
- Added three new awards: U.S. Wings Gold Site Award, the Portal History Site Award and Loadstar's Bronze Award.
- Added some new links: Air Force Association, American War Library, Military Aircraft Archive, Thirty Thousand Feet, Aeroseek, Texas Military Forces Museum and Airplanecards.
October 14, 1999
- Added a number of pictures to the Jills of K-8 war story by Jo Lovejoy.
October 9, 1999
- Added two new entries in the War Stories section:
- No Respect (Combat Mission Acrobatics) by Lucien Thomas
- Jills of K-8 by Jo Lovejoy
September 27, 1999
- Added ten new nose art pictures, expanding that section to a fourth page. Rearranged some of the pics between the pages for better consistency.
- Added two new links: the Coalition of Families and Stalag 13.
September 12, 1999
- Added several new sections under Planes:
- Historic Planes is a summary of the aircraft flown by the 13th over the years, featuring over a dozen new plane pics.
- That Crazy Searchlight on a B-26 details an experiment in using WWII Naval searchlights on B-26s.
- That Classified Long-Nosed B-26 was another experiment, this time using an infrared detection device housed in the plane's nose.
September 6, 1999
- Added some more links: Time Travel to the Korean War, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the 50th Anniversary of the Korean War and AviationPhotos.com.
September 5, 1999
- Completed the html code clean-up for a glitch that caused some text to display as yellow on MSIE 4.5 for Mac.
- Corrected a few outdated links and added some new ones we think you'll enjoy, including Chandelle, Luc's Photo Hangar, Bombergirl and The Aeronut.
August 29, 1999
- The 13th Bomb Squadron Association (Korea) is proud to announce its brand new domain name: 13thbombsquadron.org
- Along with our new domain, we've moved to a paid hosting site with much faster and more reliable servers.
- New, streamlined navigation buttons are featured in the left-hand navigation bar. Instead of listing all the individual war stories here, for example, you'll go to the war stories page where you can select which story you wish to read. This structure will enable us to add new material with less navigational updating.
- Check back frequently, as we'll be adding lots more pictures and stories, as well as some new features, including wallpaper backgrounds you can download and use for your computer desktop. If there's a particular picture on the site you'd like to see offered as wallpaper, let us know.
- With all the changes, we might have accidentally missed something. If you should notice any broken links or images, please e-mail the webmaster so we can get it fixed.
July 11, 1999
- Added three new pictures to the Kunsan portion of Our Scrapbook.
- Added the Horus' Golden Falcon Award.
June 14, 1999
- Added links to KilroyWasHere and Lynn Redfern's Aviation Art to our Links page.
May 27, 1999
- Added a picture of MIA Ray Olcott to the first Last Full Measure page.
- Added a picture of pilot Griff DeNeen to the "Charlie's Nose Job" story in the Scrapbook.
May 23, 1999
- Added another picture to the Kunsan portion of Our Scrapbook.
- Started an "Indigenous Personnel" page with pictures of South Korean friends as part of Our Scrapbook.
- Added links to the 2nd Infantry Division and The Meadow on our Links page.
- Added a very special Award from Gunny.
May 22, 1999
- Added another six pictures to the Kunsan portion of Our Scrapbook.
- Added two bombing photos to the Targets page.
- Added a picture of aircraft "Fox" on its wing to the Bent Planes page.
May 21, 1999
- Added a search engine so that you can now Search Our Site. (Search page will open in a new window.)
- Added several new pictures and two new short stories to Our Scrapbook,
May 16, 1999
- Added 11 new pictures to the Iwakuni section of Our Scrapbook,
- Added a link to Great Aviation Quotes.
- Updated the People We're Searching For page with a new, more extensive list of names, courtesy of Al Adams, 13th Association Locator.
May 11, 1999
- Added the start of a new section called Our Scrapbook, which will feature pictures of daily life in the 13th. There are about 30 new pictures here and we'll be adding more soon.
- Added a couple of new links, Fisher-Rios Directories and VFW Post 7401.
April 30, 1999
- Added links to Simonides, 2 Sqdn SAAF, the Korean War Veterans Assoc., the MassHome Veterans Page and AvStop.
March 20, 1999
- Replaced narrative throughout the Last Full Measure (MIA) section. Expanded it to four pages, adding six new MIA pics: Sherman Beaty, Robert Mase, Jerome Karpowicz, Kenneth Wiley, Glen Story and Robert Martin/John Chitwood. Text and pics are now evenly spread over the pages.
- Added another picture of "Oscar", circa 1953.
March 5, 1999
- Added pic of Ray Anastos to the third Tigers page.
February 25, 1999
- Added newly-discovered info about the utlimate fate of "Old Able." Also, changed reference to Tony Curto awarding Able the DFC to reflect his correct rank at the time.
- Added links to the Korean War Veterans National Museum and the Oklahoma Chapter of Korean War Veterans Association.
- Added a page about Lucien Thomas' books, with details on how to order them.
February 14, 1999
- Added pics of Robert Jarrell, John Davis and Stanley Kline to the Commanders page. Also, replaced pic of David Alleridice with a better one on the same page.
- Added new pics of Ray Quesnell and Jerry Karpowicz to Bailout & Rescue story.
January 17, 1999
- Added three pics to the fourth Tigers page, courtesy of Edward Hobday. These are (1) Russell Buker, (2) Fred Ostrum and Dick Santure, (3) Chester Hall, David Stockman and Edward Hobday.
- Added a pic of "Skeezix" to the second Nose Art page, also courtesy of Edward Hobday.
- Added three pics to the Targets page, courtesy of Charles Bartels: (1) Bartels' Bridge Buster, (2) Four Bombs, (3) Han River Bridges.
- Added a pic of "Love in Flight" to the second B-26 Invader page, also courtesy of Charles Bartels.
- Added the Webnet Ratings Five Star Award.
January 5, 1999
- Added a pic of William Holcom to the third Last Full Measure page, courtesy of Edward Hobday.
What's new in 2002
What was new in 2001
What was new in 2000
What was new in 1998